Thank you for your interest in volunteering with S.A.F.E. House. While sharing your time and talents with our organization, you will be supporting our mission to end domestic violence.
The steps to join our team are as follows:
1. Complete the volunteer application: Please print and complete the SH-Volunteer-Application and return it to the address listed on the application, or submit it electronically to VolunteerCoordinators@SAFEHouseNV.org.
2. Obtain a background check: After the review and acceptance of your application, we will contact you about obtaining a State and FBI background check, which includes a non-refundable processing fee.
3. Attend the 36-hour Volunteer Certificate Program offered in March and September: This three-week program focuses on the dynamics of domestic violence and reviews the various components of S.A.F.E. House. The training also incorporates collaboration efforts with community partners.
To learn more about our volunteer program, please contact us at VolunteerCoordinators@SAFEHouseNV.org or call (702) 451-4203 ext. 2111.
We thank you again for your interest in volunteering with S.A.F.E. House and look forward to your application!
AVAILABLE VOLUNTEER POSITIONS
1. Child Care Assistant: Assist in the Child Learning Center working with children on art and nurturing projects.
2. After School Tutor: Assist in the Child Learning Center tutoring children on English or Math.
3. Facilitator Assistant: Assist with Hotline crisis calls, preliminary in-take of new clients, and general shelter upkeep.
4. Shopping Assistant: Assist staff with weekly shopping, or retrieving donations from donors.
5. Special Events Assistant: Assist with special events/dinners and holiday parties.
6. Boutique Assistant: Assist with operation of the shelter boutique.
1. Court Advocacy: Accompany clients in court on general proceedings to include temporary protective orders, child custody, divorce, and criminal cases.
2. Mediation Advocacy: Accompany clients in mediation sessions.
3. Court Monitor: Assist clients waiting for temporary protective order court hearings, and accompany them into court if requested.
Community Development and Education
1. Community Outreach: Represent or assist the agency at domestic violence awareness events or fundraising events at various community venues.
2. Special Events: Assist with special events and fundraisers.
3. Data Entry: Assist in data entry and special projects.
1. Warehouse/Shelter Boutique: Assist with the sorting and distribution of in-kind donations, which includes supplying clothing to shelter residents and their children.
2. Office Assistance: Respond to phone inquires or walk-in visitors; collect and process in-kind donations; and assist with general administrative functions.
3. Information Technology: Troubleshoot problems and help develop automated approaches to existing systems.
4. Other: Volunteers with specialized skills or talents may help identify a new position based on their interests and the needs of the organization.
Internet Safety Alert
Your abuser can monitor the use of your computer and the Internet. Learn how to protect yourself.